Applies to STV Player+ on iOS only
Downloads are only available for STV Player+ users using the iOS app.
Things to know about downloads:
- Not all shows have downloads rights, so will not be available to download - such as films.
- Downloads expire after 7 days or at the normal expiry date - whichever comes first.
- There are no limits on how many times an episode might be downloaded until it expires from the platform.
- Multiple downloads may be started in parallel, the app will maximise the number of parallel downloads and queue the rest.
- Downloads are stored locally on the devices and cannot be accessed from outside the app or moved. You will need sufficient space on your device to store the downloads.
- Downloads can be deleted - via the Downloads page and swiping on the show to delete.
- Downloads are via WiFi only by default. Downloads can be enabled for Mobile Data (e.g. 5G) via Settings > Downloads
- Downloads may fail as a result of:
- Poor connection
- Not enough storage space - check in the main downloads section to see the space available.
- Failed downloads can be re-initiated at any time until the desired episode has expired from the platform.
- The download feature is not available on Apple TV devices or our website.
How do I know if a show can be downloaded?
Beside each episode, there will be an arrow to indicate that the episode can be downloaded. If you've already downloaded this episode then a tick will be shown.
Click on the arrow to start the download, there might be a slight delay for this to start, but you can check the progress of any downloads in the Downloads section on the main navigation bar.