You can change the Subtitle size on your device and this will change the size of the subtitles displayed in the STV Player.
On your device go to:
- Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning > Style
From here you can select Large Text to increase the size of the subtitles shown in our App.
Examples of text sizes:
Can I increase the size further?
There is an additional option for Extra Large Text that isn't immediately available via the main list.
To enable Extra Large Text
- Choose Create New Style from the list of Styles
- In the Size section choose Extra Large from the options available
- Choose Save once you've finished amending all the options
Example of Extra Large Text:
You can also change other elements such as Colour, Font and the subtitle background from this section.
Why isn't my Subtitle Style showing on a specific programme?
Some programmes come with their own settings for subtitles, you can set whether you use the supplied style or your own style in the same section:
- Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning > Style > Create New Style > Size
Here you'll fine an option for Video Override keeping this On will use the subtitle styles supplied with the video. If you are seeing different styling for a particular programme then you can try setting this to Off.