Under this scheme you can ask the police to check whether a new or existing partner has a violent past. In order to make an application under the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme please contact the police.

You can do this by:- Visiting a police station- Phoning 101- Speaking to a member of the police on the street

If you believe there is an immediate risk of harm to someone, or it is an emergency, you should always call 999.

For more information please visit:
Gov.uk: How To Get Help
Women's Aid: The Survivors Handbook