These errors are usually due to internet connection issues or geo-location issues - where your location is being reported wrongly or you are outside the UK.
Things to try to resolve an Error Code 3 issue on iOS devices:
- First make sure you are still connected to the Internet and the connection is stable.
- That you are in the UK or if you are a Player+ user then in a EU country.
- Make sure you are not using a VPN to connect to the internet - if so you should turn this off and try to watch the content again. You can check this by going to Settings -> General -> VPN.
- Ensure that you have allowed STV Player to use your location - Settings -> STV Player -> Location
- If you have access to a different WiFi network then try connection via that one to see if the issue is with the current WiFi and it's location information.