The most common cause for this is slow internet connections and/or interruptions to the Wi-Fi signal; both can cause the programme to pause while it either waits for more data to be transferred or for the Wi-Fi signal to stabilise.
Some tips for improving playback:
- Make sure your broadband and Wi-Fi speeds are fast enough to cope with streaming video.
- If multiple devices are connected to your Wi-Fi - especially if they are also streaming video or gaming - then you may want to disconnect these as they will be using up the available bandwidth.
- Free up resources on your device by closing any apps or windows that you aren't currently using.
- Restarting your router and device can help with the disconnecting of devices and freeing of resources.
- Make sure your up to date: check you're on the latest version of your devices operating system (OS), browsers and STV Player app.
If you are still having issues:
- Try switching to a wired connection (where possible) or try a different Wi-Fi or Data Network (if available).
- If you are using a device that supports web access then try watching via our site at stv.tv
- If you are viewing via the the web site then try switching to a different browser